Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The attention span of a lentil

...with brain size to match. I'm sitting here in my office at home, racking my brains for something to post about, when Julius, my orange tabby, hops up on the carpeted kitty perch situated beside me. He's managed to scoot it nearly a foot across the room over time, so I drag it back over underneath the window so that he can look out easily. The next sequence of events takes place in less than 60 seconds, end-to-end:

1. Julius bats at the little wooden bead hanging from the end of the window-shade cord.

2. Julius gets one claw firmly hooked into the hole at the top of the bead.

3. Julius commences to lose his wee mind, yowling and struggling and biting at me when I try to free his paw.

4. I stand up, grabbing the cat from above and lifting him bodily above perch and bead, letting gravity do the work. Bead falls free. I drop cat back onto perch and sit.

5. Julius bats at the little wooden bead hanging from the end of the window-shade cord.

Not a MENSA candidate, this one...as I frequently advise him.

No comments: